[Sticky] Planning and Information
This is for planning and information for the move ... and also moving forward with our plans.
PLEASE ADD TO THIS LIST ...
Develop and maintain plan for move, to include:
Rota for identified work - Setup and ongoing
Paint Floor in Main Unit R? - N/R Paint Walls in Main Unit R? - N/R Paint Walls in Office Unit R (Once windows done)? N/R
General clean if required - Yes, definitely
Fire extinguishers required? - Yes, definitely
Order stacking plastic storage bins for cables / PSU / etc. - In progress and ongoing
Clear top of workshop B12, kit and boarding. - Done Move Stairs from Unit B12 - Done
Remove workshop ceiling/walls/
electrics etc from Unit B12. - Electrics done
Erect Racking in Unit R when possible - In progress and ongoing
Identify items to be sold / scrapped in Unit B - In progress and ongoing
Controlled move of items from Unit B to unit R - In progress and ongoing
Maintain asset records as part of move - In progress and ongoing
Fix mounting points to walls to secure shelves? - In progress and ongoing
Design and agree in advance a floor plan of Unit R, allocating the position of the following items :-
- All the shelves alphabetic by manufacturer
Consider leaving enough space between shelves for a rolling warehouse ladder to get around. E.g. www.warehouse-ladders.co.uk/heavy-duty-warehouse-ladders This will be especially needed when we run out of space in the future and the shelves are made taller or just replaced - Not practical at all - nowhere near enough space?
- Leave (some) space between manufacturers for new donations - In progress and Ongoing
- Stairwell to mezzanine - Done
- Storage of timber from dismantled Unit B12 workshop
- Arcade cabinets
- Mountain of monitors, or will all monitors to be shelved? Cubs could still be stacked high
- DesignJet large inkjet printers (will need power and computer to drive them) - In progress and ongoing
- Punch card reader table
- Chairs - Put on mezzanine above the toilet area, along with the window from Unit A?
- Andy Collins machine
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam