RCM Uniform for Eve...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] RCM Uniform for Events

The Twins
(@the-twins)
Member Admin

Now we are getting busier we need to standardise our uniform so that everyone who is helping are all wearing the same.

Whereas the White cotton shirts with RCM logo on left side and names on are nice, there have been some issues with logo colour and font from our current supplier. Also they are not practical when lugging the gear around.

We are looking at a black t shirt with STAFF on the left hand side and the RCM logo on the back (roughly around shoulder blade height). These would be printed not embroidered. Unfortunately we would be looking at everyone paying for the shirts themselves 🙁 The cost of these would be £11.50 via my donate with Gift Aid, or £14.40 without gift aid.

The other alternative is the same customisation on a black cotton shirt (like the white ones) but embroidered and these would be in the region of £18.50 plus gift aid or £23.20 (no gift aid)

Or we could stick with the polos, but get the new customisation on them.

What are your thoughts please?

Topic starter Posted : 07/11/2016 10:14 pm
muguk
(@muguk)
Member Admin

I prefer the black polo shirts - mainly because they hide my gut better than a shirt or standard t-shirt would do 🙂

Plus I can get away with an extra bacon butty or two as the grease stains wash out easier 🙂

Several sites to choose from:
a) Word Toolbox Add-In - for any power Word user
b) My old hacking stuff of yore
c) Preserving old photographic slides found at car boots!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/11/2016 10:59 pm
Ross
 Ross
(@ross)
Member Admin

I second the polo shirts for the same reason!  ;D
However also think the shirts would look smart.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/11/2016 11:05 pm
simon_m74
(@simon_m74)
Member Moderator

I also think the current polo - for at least at HQ - but new design?

But maybe black shirts too for external events? instead of the white ones?

Virtually Real

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2016 8:31 am
Panther
(@panther)
Member Moderator

Personally I always prefer T-shirts, however I am happy with Polo's, I think the white shirts look great but are sometime impractical, but Black shirts could work  🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2016 10:01 am
DC The Juggler
(@dc-the-juggler)
Member Moderator

Do we need a different uniform for events compared to what we wear at HQ?

I have always preferred the polo shirts as they are very hard wearing and you can get away without ironing them too often.  Also, for the same reason as Mike, they cover the belly well, or at least they used to.  I have to say I was disappointed with the last one I bought that turned out to be 2 inches shorter than my previous two polo shirts despite been the same size on the label.  This results in some inadvertent naval gazing by the public when I lift my arms up - not a good look.  I would not mind paying a little extra for a longer style of shirt in the future.

I don't think the changes in font matter that much as long as they still have the same logo.  I would have no objection to the word STAFF added to the logo, nor would I mind my name as well.  As there is no breast pocket on the polo shirt, it would be impossible to embroider the name just inside the pocket like they managed to do on my last white shirt.

David

Elite since 1987 on the BBC B, so why does Elite Dangerous on my PC say I'm only Deadly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2016 1:41 am
Ross
 Ross
(@ross)
Member Admin

I've been thinking about the uniforms and could we use lanyards?

They are cheap and simple to use but will help us stand out as staff.

Something like this;
http://www.badgesplus.co.uk/blue_staff-lanyards_350.htm

ID cards can then be printed in house and put in something like this;
http://www.lanyardstomorrow.co.uk/en/id-card-holders/id-badge-card-plastic-pocket-holder-horizontal-pouchs-10-x-8cm.html?gclid=CjwKEAiApLDBBRC8oICb9NvKsg0SJAD9yOHs5yRXMdooUy4IRDfEW7Z5W7YyPsi6s31aRXwq0qJY6hoC8x_w_wcB#.WCzZseaLTIU

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2016 10:14 pm
The Twins
(@the-twins)
Member Admin

Sticking with black polos but with large RCM logo on the back and Staff on the front (where current logo is positioned) the cost would be £16.50.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/11/2016 4:34 pm
simon_m74
(@simon_m74)
Member Moderator

sounds good to me 🙂

Virtually Real

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2016 2:17 pm
DC The Juggler
(@dc-the-juggler)
Member Moderator

Out of interest, will the large logo on the back be embroidered or screen printed on? Embroidered has the advantage of being considerably more hard wearing and won't look taty within a year of use, but I don't know if that is feasible for a large design?

David

Elite since 1987 on the BBC B, so why does Elite Dangerous on my PC say I'm only Deadly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2016 1:19 pm
The Twins
(@the-twins)
Member Admin

The idea was to have them both embroidered so they will last longer. I will speak to my contact and ask his opinion on the larger logo being embroidered.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/11/2016 5:14 pm
Share: