Amstrad CPC - Scart

Notifications
Clear all

Amstrad CPC - Scart

stiggy2009
(@stiggy2009)
Noble Member

Long time no post!

I've been toying with the idea of getting myself a CPC 464 or something similar to mess around with some of the stuff circulating around the homebrew scene. I don't really want the bulk of yet another monitor on the geek desk therefore was wondering (if anyone uses these) what kind of results folk were getting  with a Scart lead conversion or similar - plus any recommendations of where to get one from - I'd usually go to Retro Gaming Shack or Dr Phu's Super emporium of good stuff.

Also, if anyone does have a spare 464 gathering dust, that they'd like to sell, please could you let me know?

Many thanks

StiGGy

Topic starter Posted : 10/10/2013 1:53 pm
muguk
(@muguk)
Member Admin

I got a CPC6128 last year and it was good whilst it lasted.  Unfortunately it's been sat in one of the many cubby holes that are in the new place and is gathering dust.

Due to the power problems I had with the machine (there's a thread in here somewhere about it), I ended up buying an add-on cable which allowed me to use the CPC6128 with another monitor and the results were good.

Retro Computer Shack were, I think, the eBay shop that supplied the cable and additional power supply required.

Several sites to choose from:
a) Word Toolbox Add-In - for any power Word user
b) My old hacking stuff of yore
c) Preserving old photographic slides found at car boots!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2013 2:40 pm
stiggy2009
(@stiggy2009)
Noble Member

Cheers Mike, good to know.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/10/2013 3:26 pm
muguk
(@muguk)
Member Admin

Cheers Mike, good to know.

I'll dig out the box with the Amstrad bits in as the power supply the eBay seller sent had his eBay shop ID all over it.

From memory, my 6128 didn't have enough juice to power up the display .. it's been at least half-a-year since I last switched it on.

Several sites to choose from:
a) Word Toolbox Add-In - for any power Word user
b) My old hacking stuff of yore
c) Preserving old photographic slides found at car boots!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2013 4:17 pm
Share: