Notifications
Clear all

SNO!

woody.cool
(@woody-cool)
Noble Member

Has anybody here had snow in there area?

I've taken a picture for you all to see!

OMG 😯
That's the most snow Northampton has seen in years!

Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2009 6:54 am
Scarlettkitten
(@scarlettkitten)
Member Admin

Cool, I took these at 4AM this morning.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2009 7:18 am
The Twins
(@the-twins)
Member Admin

nice pictures quagmire

;D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2009 7:22 am
AndyRCM
(@andyrcm)
Member Admin

Bad here too! Thanks for the pictures guys!

Andy

"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2009 7:55 am
PhoenixTLB
(@phoenixtlb)
Member Moderator

Nice pics  ;D

I made it into work ok, Leicester has only an inch of snow, Quorn has about 3-4 inches of yummy soft snow.

Dave

Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2009 8:42 am
AndyRCM
(@andyrcm)
Member Admin

Good to see that we all got to work okay! Keep safe guys!

"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2009 8:50 am
jimbob005
(@jimbob005)
Member Moderator

snows good here to dont think im off to work

Sega went from 16bit to real life with the megaCD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2009 10:04 am
woody.cool
(@woody-cool)
Noble Member

Well, this morning I had a long journey ahead of me, as I was supposed to be driving to Kent .... yep that's right KENT .... from Northampton ..... in that snow!
So, I set off, and it was slow going, with only one route out of Northampton that was actually moving (no cars stuck etc.) so I took that, got on to the M1 and it wasn't to bad (although a bit slippy)
Anyway, once I got past Newport Pagnell services, the traffic problems were down to non-existent. Once I got down to the M25 though, things changed ..... the snow had been traded for heavy rain and really thick fog ..... so now I could drive in a straight line without skidding, but couldn't see a damn thing 😆
Anyway, I got there in the end ..... set off at approx. 8:00 and arrived at my destination at 12:00 .... what a bloody journey!
I've got to do the same thing tomorrow evening (although back to Northampton) ..... wish me luck!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2009 6:39 pm
Scarlettkitten
(@scarlettkitten)
Member Admin

What a nightmare, take it easy out there 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2009 6:41 pm
AndyRCM
(@andyrcm)
Member Admin

To re-iterate what Quagmire just said - take it easy - not just you either woody.cool - this goes to all of my friends on here . . . 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2009 6:43 pm
woody.cool
(@woody-cool)
Noble Member

To re-iterate what Quagmire just said - take it easy - not just you either woody.cool - this goes to all of my friends on here . . . 🙂

I'll be OK I'm sure.
I've got plenty of driving experience as I've driven in the snow quite a few times before although this was the first time it was this deep.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2009 6:58 pm
Share: