Topic: Meet the Commodore 64 SD Card Reader Girls ! :)  (Read 6954 times)

Offline HeadingtonBard

• C128
  • Kudos 12
    • View Profile
    • Alex Aris Games
Meet the Commodore 64 SD Card Reader Girls ! :)
« on: June 12, 2011, 05:47:43 PM »
Hi All ! :)

Meet the Commodore 64 SD Card Reader Girls :

Left to right : 1541 Ultimate II, C64 SD V2 from Manosoft and Chameleon 64.

Reviews of the C64 SD from Manosoft and Chameleon 64 ( update of Beta revisions coming soon ) are available from Hardware Reviews section. The 1541 Ultimate II Review should be up in the next few days, time pending ! ;)
:: HeadingtonBard ::

[ http://www.alexarisgames.co.uk/ ]

Why not check out Google Play Store for more games to buy and for *FREE* with no adverts or nag screens !

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Meet the Commodore 64 SD Card Reader Girls ! :)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »
Very nice Alex! ;) Pron! :)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

ggizmotigger

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 09:47:05 AM »
lol are you copying me lol. Got all same as you just testing out today. Been trying out the monosoft and had trouble with sd cards wouldent even read them so tryed a sd adaptor one and finally got it working also had trouble with disk version bruce lee on level 5 game kept crashing out, so tryed the prg version worked a treat. as far can see its not bad for the money im going to test the 1541 u2 now see how that does with both versions game.

ggizmotigger
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:52:03 AM by ggizmotigger »

Offline HeadingtonBard

• C128
  • Kudos 12
    • View Profile
    • Alex Aris Games
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 12:12:23 PM »
lol are you copying me lol. Got all same as you just testing out today. Been trying out the monosoft and had trouble with sd cards wouldent even read them so tryed a sd adaptor one and finally got it working also had trouble with disk version bruce lee on level 5 game kept crashing out, so tryed the prg version worked a treat. as far can see its not bad for the money im going to test the 1541 u2 now see how that does with both versions game.

ggizmotigger

LOL ! But are you copying me ? ;)

I haven't had a problem loading games or demos, apart from the odd disk loader with C64SD. Try a different version of the game, most of the Remember releases are good.

I've found a bug using 1541U-II with REU files on the C128. They crash while play after a few seconds, but not on a C64. I've thrown a lot of demos and games at it, sometimes clearing the memory with Retro Replay helps if a bug creeps in. Apart from that, I am very happy ! ;)

Why not check out Google Play Store for more games to buy and for *FREE* with no adverts or nag screens !

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 12:15:16 PM »
They mentioned that bug on the forums mate - I think the new firmware will be fixing that shortly! :)

A
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline HeadingtonBard

• C128
  • Kudos 12
    • View Profile
    • Alex Aris Games
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
They mentioned that bug on the forums mate - I think the new firmware will be fixing that shortly! :)

A

Cool ! I was going to submit it myself ! ;)

ggizmotigger

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 12:40:17 PM »
well must admit the 1541 u2 is amazing so easy use no hassle been on it over hour no problems running anything just got to see how to  backup me disks then i be happy get rid 1541 drives before they die :) ( old age getting there now :) )

well i give a go on the chameleon in bit not tested that out yet as been so busy so se what that can do :)

ggizmotigger

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »
The 1541U II is just stunning - especially on a C64 - running the REU demos - they are just amazing! :)
It is fast, efficient and not let me down yet! :)

A